Wednesday, January 12, 2011

NFL Divisonal Round Predictions/BCS National Champioship review

So, as promised I am going to do my NFL Divisional Round. But first the National Championship. I wanted Oregon to win for a few reasons. 1. I like their colours. 2. I'm not a big Cam Newton fan. and 3. Their my second favorite US college (WVU!) But of course they didn't.. It wasn't the big 60-55 shootout everyone thought it would be. Both defences looked fired up to stop the oppositions high powered offences.

Offensive Player of the Game: Michael Dyer
Explanation: He rushed for 143 yards on 22 carries and whenever Cam Newton wasn't playing well Auburn just turned to Dyer and he picked up yards.

Defensive Player of the Game: Nick Fairley
Explanation: This one was easy. He shut down LaMichael James and the rest of the Oregon offence and forced them to not use their up-tempo fast paced offence.

Goat Horns of the Game: Darron Thomas
Explanation: No so much in the 2nd half but early on he was just not playing well at all. Maybe if he was better earlier on the Ducks might have won.

Now onto my predictions. (Not in order)
First game: Seattle vs. Chicago.
This is just the downer of an otherwise great Divisional round. It probably won't be a blow-out, but again I just don't think the Seahawks will win. But I said that for last game and look what happened. Winner: Chicago.

Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh.
This will be one hell of a game. Both teams hate each other and they're evenly matched. I think if the Steelers can stop Ray Rice, they'll win. If the Ravens can stop Hines Ward and Mike Wallace, they'll win. Winner: Baltimore.

Green Bay vs Atlanta.
Green Bay might just be the most dangerous 6th seed ever. Not even with a good running game their dangerous. But when you add James Starks running it so well they're almost unbeatable. I guess that'll be the X-Factor whether the Packers can run it well again. Winner: Atlanta

New England vs. New York Jets.
Let me go out and say right away. This will not be another 45-3 blow out. It will be a closer, tighter, good game. The Jets have confidence after the win vs. Indy and the Patriots have rest thanks to the first round bye. This might come down to coaching. Belichick is the best at keeping things to himself and preparing his team while Rex Ryan (as much as I hate him) is the best trash talker and still being able to keep his team focused. Winner: Patriots

I'm going to start doing weekly Toronto Maple Leaf recaps. Starting on Monday, January 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment